Welcome to Ortho Express Care!
Prairie Orthopaedic & Plastic Surgery (North and South Locations) offers Ortho Express Care. This option allows for anyone to come in during our Express Care hours, without an appointment, and see one of our Physician Assistants as a walk-in.
Express Care Hours (North and South Locations)
- Mondays: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Tuesdays: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Wednesdays: 8:00am - 4:30 pm
- Thursdays: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Fridays: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
We Treat the Following at our Ortho Express Care:
- Sprains & strains
- Broken bones
- Closed fracture (where the bone does not break the skin)
- Sports-related orthopaedic injuries
- Cast or wound dressing issues
- Recently painful, swollen, or injured joints
- Cuts and lacerations
- Foot and ankle injuries
- Hand and wrist injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Knee injuries
We do NOT Treat the Following at our Ortho Express Care:
- Injuries not of an orthopaedic nature
- Neck and low back pain and strains
- Open fractures (where the bone is protruding from the skin)
- Head or facial trauma
- Partial or full amputations
- Immediate care after a motor vehicle accident
- Chest injuries
Express Care FAQ's
Q: Can I choose who I see?
A: When you are a walk-in during our Ortho Express Care, you will see one of our PA’s. In order to serve you in the quickest manner possible, you will see the next available PA. If you would like to schedule an appointment with a specific doctor, you will need to set up an appointment.
Q: How quickly can I get in?
A: It is always our goal to get patients in as quickly as possible. With our Ortho Express Care, we can get patients in more quickly than having them set up an appointment, but we can not guarantee a particular in and out time.
Q: What if I need surgery?
A: We will always provide our patients with the best line of treatment. If surgery is needed, you will be referred on to one of our surgeons for treatment. Other options may include Physical Therapy and/or a brace or support.
Q: Do you take insurance at your Ortho Express Care?
A: Yes. We take Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS), United Health Care (UHC), Auxiant, UMR, Aetna, Midlands Choice, and Medicare. However, we can also see self-pay patients.
Ready to get Express Care?
You can walk in, or request a time slot. (Keep in mind, that even if you request a time slot ahead of time with our Ortho Express Care, you are not guaranteed to see a specific provider, but will see the next available PA.)
Fields marked (*) are required